11.23 District Council Election
Let People Power be seen again!
Go and cast our VOTE!
Suffrage is very important, let's vote in DC
election" leaflet DOWNLOAD
please click to enlarge)
This new leaflet
discusses the relationship between DC election and the
fighting for universal suffrage. It also serves to encourage citizens
to cast their ballots in the DC elections.
information for District Council Election:
casting your ballot, you may also be an Observer and take note of the
proceeding of election.
- Date and Time: 23rd
Nov (Sun) 7:30am - 10:30pm
- Venue: You can check the whereabout of the poll station you
should go to in the Poll Card sent to you by the government. Or
may enquire in the Registration and Electoral Office (Tel: 2891 1001
2827 4644 Email: email@example.com)
- DC elections homepage：http://www.elections.gov.hk/elections/dc2003/
- To ensure the election is fair and just
- To reflect any defective arrangements to Electoral Affairs Commission (EAC)
- Please send your observation notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will then follow your findings.
District Council Election Observation
- Location of
- Time period of
- Any facilities to enable the voting of people with special needs,
elderly and disabled for instances
- Number of
candidates and their names
of the consistency, for examples
atmosphere in the community, for examples:
- Mainly public housing estates / HOS (home ownership
scheme) / private housing estates… …
- Population mainly consists of elderly / adults / adolescents
and children… …
- Newly developed community / old community / community
pending for renewal… …
inclination and culture of residents (including voters
of voters, for example:
- Are there any electioneering activities in the community?
- Promotional methods of candidates (distributing leaflets /
election broadcasting / home visits… …)
- Dynamics of candidates (supporters enter into argument /
carry out their own electioneering activities without interfering the
- People’s reaction to candidates and their supporters (support /
insult / indifferent… …)
- Voters are
scattered / peak in specific period of time… …
- Voters go to
the polling station by his/her own / together with
families and friends / with children… …
- Voters go to
the polling station in a hurry / in a relaxing